Tips to get Clear Skin… and keep clear skin
Understanding what causes pimples
There are plenty of people giving tips on how to get clear skin, but if you’re prone to breaking out then it’s a good idea to understand what could be causing you to break out, rather than just jumping in and fixing the symptoms.
So.. what causes breakout?
Pimples are caused by an imbalance in the skin. Knowing exactly what that imbalance is, is the part that keeps people like me employed! There are so many causes, some can be very hard to figure out, but if you want your skin to stay clear after treatment it’s a good idea to consider what’s causing your breakout:
- Stress. Can’t stress this one enough (no pun intended!) Stress can effect not only your life but also have a residual impact on your skin… trust me, I learnt this the hard way. There is no simple answer here for apart from the obvious – keeping calm (when you are stressed out this is the very last thing you want to be told!), but acknowledging it is a good start
- Diet. Now, I’m not going to tell you that chocolate causes pimples here. But if your body isn’t getting a good mix of everything it needs to be balanced, then yes, diet could cause you to breakout.
- Environment; I’ve heard countless people say that they breakout when relocating countries or even states. This one definitely does baffle me (I can admit when I don’t know something!) but the thing that I would put it down to most likely being, is a change in pollution level in the environment – your skin not being used it’s new amount of pollution. Or, and this is one also quite likely, from the stress involved in moving.
- Skin care: There are so many factors involved in skin care that can affect your skin and cause it to break out, far too many to name here. But if you are breaking out, it’s a good idea to consider that you might be doing something in your skincare regimen that your skin doesn’t like. One thing to keep in mind is that just ‘because my friend is doing it’, doesn’t mean that it is going to work for your skin, make sure that you design a skincare regimen that is suited to your own skin type only. If you are having trouble knowing what that is, get in touch.
- Not enough moisture: this goes with skin care, but it’s always a good idea to think about how much you are moisturising, check my previous article
- Allergies: This one isn’t so common, but if you are allergic to something (or intolerant), then it can have a residual effect which can show itself as breakout on the skin.
- Hormones – I almost left this one out! But it’s one of the most influential factors when it comes to your skin and breaking out. Big changes in hormones, especially at puberty and for women with their menstrual cycles, pregnancy and menopause (we really get the best bits don’t we!?) can cause an eruption of breakout in the skin
So, if you are breaking out, it would be a good idea to consider where it’s coming from. It’s not going to fix it, but it will help to piece together the puzzle when it comes to treating, and will help to ensure you are able to fix the cause, not just the symptom, so when you get clear skin, you will keep your clear skin!
- Clear Skin Is Just An Article Away! (jansenlinton.wordpress.com)
- Important Things That You Need To Know About Zits (skincaretoday.info)
- Mango for the Skin-Health Benefit of Mango(Part2) (naomispenny.blogspot.com)